During our 44 year history, Grand River Rubber & Plastics has withstood a variety of challenges and uncertain times. Like each and every one of you, we are adjusting to our new normal amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Sunday March 22nd, the State of Ohio issued a shelter in place order that will take effect at 11:59 p.m. on Monday March 23rd. As part of this order, all non-essential businesses are required to temporarily shut down. We wanted to let our valued customers know that Grand River Rubber & Plastics is an essential manufacturer (as defined by the Department of Homeland Security) and we will continue to manufacture product and fulfill your orders to the best of our ability.
Below is an update of the steps we are taking at our facilities to maintain the health of our workforce so that we can continue to supply essential products to our customers:
- We have educated our workforce on COVID-19 and have asked them to follow the CDC recommendations.
- We have increased our cleaning/disinfecting schedule for all bathrooms and employee common areas.
- Cleaning occurs at the end of each shift for items handled in the manufacturing process (air guns, hand tools, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer have been placed throughout our facility. Flyers promoting hand washing and other healthy lifestyle practices to stem the spread of germs have been posted.
- We have staggered our shifts to reduce the number of people in the facility and help minimize contact between our employees.
- Our manufacturing layout provides for space between individual workers that meet the social distancing requirements.
- Our supply chain team is working closely with our supplier base to ensure there is no disruption in service. As we are critical to your operation, our suppliers are critical to our operation.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated workforce that is committed to enforcing the CDC recommendations in our facilities.
Our thoughts are with those whose lives have been affected by COVID-19, and all who are dealing with the hardships brought on by all the disruption the pandemic is causing. Please let us know how we can best support you and your customers as we navigate operating our businesses through this global crisis.
We hope you and your families remain safe and healthy.
Grand River Rubber and Plastics
2029 Aetna Road
Ashtabula, Ohio 44005
440-998-2900 Ext.# 154